HiFi & Professional Audio Forum  

Hi-end CD plejer uz pomoc "stapa i kanapa"

Hi-Fi komponente, iskustva, pitanja, saveti, komentari..

ninja
Audio Expert
Audio Expert

Re: Hi-end CD plejer uz pomoc "stapa i kanapa"

Post by ninja » 25 Dec 2011, 19:42

Image Made in SFRJ
KokBok
When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.

Sir Oliver
srebrni korisnik
srebrni korisnik

Post by Sir Oliver » 25 Dec 2011, 21:13

Mene interesuje da probam ali se trenutno više bavim ROKU SoundBridge om. I on svira "baferovano". I mogu reći da dere CD playere .

prophet
redovni korisnik
redovni korisnik

Post by prophet » 26 Dec 2011, 00:10

PrekoBare wrote:
prophet wrote:Foobar2000 --> Preferences --> Playback --> DSP Manager --> Resampler

Kod mene Aimp3 po default-u sve upsampluje na 24/192.

Ima jedan opasan besplatan programcic, zove se FIDELIZER koji na W7 masini koja radi sve i svasta moze da pogasi nepotrebne
servise i procese i od nje napravi optimizovanu masinu za audiofilsku upotrebu. Ako pogasi suvise, rebutuje se masina i nikom nista.
Tako radni PC postane rascepljena licnost - konjina danju, ugladjeni audiofil nocu.

Nego, ja se raspisao, nije valjda da nikog nije zainteresovalo da sam proba?
Za memory play je Ninja već objasnio. Fidelizer ima jako dobrog efekta, ali zna da dobro zezne W7 pa mora da se radi ponovna instalacija. Kod mene sve posle verzije 1.4 (mislim) pravi probleme.

RIVIERA
srebrni korisnik
srebrni korisnik

Post by RIVIERA » 27 Dec 2011, 10:54

There is no need to change original sampling rate, I mean this is some thing like mini tone control
If Some like it more then original, like it was recorded or published, enjoy of-course, but then it is another question...
For the bit length there is no issue if we play shorter words from source to on longer word on dacs
because sufficient bit places are zeroes. And keeping the channel status while receive Latch to go into conversion to another
this is still a word even with rest bits from let say 16 to 24 are 0. So it may input some additional "noise" or so in the one hand,
but it could give extra settling time to dac in another hand? Any way that is the smaller issue then one connected with sampling rate.
Remember one thing, studio standards are 24bit/96KHz or 192KHs, that is coming from Firewire devices chips inside the units, and
Professional recording equipment. Then it is distributed to different formats. We have still very insignificant material that is recorded in another format.
Redistribution after recording is another thing, and there is a question of production. In the systems where is big difference between changing the original sampling rate to higher there is something wrong in sys chain not in the base. May I am not right but for now that is solid words about Q.
cheers.

RIVIERA
srebrni korisnik
srebrni korisnik

Post by RIVIERA » 27 Dec 2011, 10:55

Is there some I river version for MAC?
:(

RIVIERA
srebrni korisnik
srebrni korisnik

Post by RIVIERA » 27 Dec 2011, 12:39

Sir Oliver wrote:Ja imam ovaj
i ovaj koji ima čak i daljinski.
Koji da probam?
Sigurno su dobri i jedan i drugi
Verovatno imaju SPDIF output
Creative znam da sigurno ima
ALI su to TTL standardi nivoa signala
radi sa dacom i tako, mada mozes da signal prilagodis standardu spdf-a
jednostavnim PI ili T att. networkom
ako je TTL oko 5Vp-p a SPDIF bi trebalo da bude +-0.25V =0.5Vp-p
onda je Atenuacija -A=20 log (5V/0.5V) = 20 log (10), log10=1, -A=20db
Gogle Pi and T network attenuators calculator on line...
Inace taj Creative koji sam ja imao malo stariji model od tvoga isto sa daljinskim i nije bas super tih
ali nije nesto ni previse bucan
isprobaj koji hoces
pored SPDIFa ima i audio izlaze
samo sa napajanjem ce raditi i kao CD player bez kompjutera
jedan japanac je radio bas sa modelom koji ti imas stand alone uredjaj svijevremeno
- google
http://www.net1.jway.ne.jp/nagaokm/Nagas_HP/
:nic

Topic author
PrekoBare
srebrni korisnik
srebrni korisnik

Post by PrekoBare » 29 Dec 2011, 01:33

Umesto bucne fijoke montirao sam ultratihi Pioneer opticki drajv: DVR-XD10

Top loader, nema sta da se zaglavi.

(Pioneer sam uzeo cisto da ostanem u audio sferi, da me ne nervira idiotski dizajn novih uredjaja)
"Najbolje je neprijatelj dobrog"

Volter

Topic author
PrekoBare
srebrni korisnik
srebrni korisnik

Post by PrekoBare » 29 Dec 2011, 01:36

Gerner wrote:
Best is of course to disable all networking processes and leave the PC as just a disattached unit.
+1

NO network for media server. too many reasons.

Volter

Topic author
PrekoBare
srebrni korisnik
srebrni korisnik

Post by PrekoBare » 02 Jan 2012, 07:58

Gerner, several options with excellent WAF to solve your problem:

1. Place a smallish monitor near the listening position. DB15 cable is cheap, approx. 3 euro per meter. A friend of mine built an aluminum frame with dimmed glass and placed 19" monitor underneath at an angle of 30 degrees. Looks cool. Navigates with Logitech Blutooth media keyboard (one I recommended on HT thread). Touch screen monitor would be perfect. It is possible to retrofit regular monitor to become touch screen.

2. JRiver sells remote control for JRMC, price is $35 plus shipping. If you have theater view you can navigate across the room.

3. Plasmas are getting cheaper and cheaper. I use 59" Samsung as my JRMC display and Logitech Bluetooth k/b as input device.

Installed Windows 7 x64 today on my Media server. The sound is a tad better, not a big difference from x32 but there is difference, like the wine from the same vineyard of different vintage. Highly recommended upgrade.

I am rather surprised with the lack of interest to build SOTA CD player for next to nothing. It seems that patkometrists rule supreme in this hobby.

Volter

Topic author
PrekoBare
srebrni korisnik
srebrni korisnik

Post by PrekoBare » 03 Jan 2012, 15:32

Gerner wrote: But personally I prefere to rip, save the file and play. Hence I do not have to puzzle around incerting those plastic plates in a spinner. I am mostly triggered by hearing your findings about the JRiver nutcracker.

Do you by BTW have any experience with this phenomenon and eventual solution?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bodaCDCV ... creen&NR=1
No problem, I also prefer media server. I hate when I want to listen to something, open the jewel case and see that the disk is not there :-( or even worse, I search for a jewel case for 10 minutes and then find out that the wrong disk is inside.

But not everyone is like me and a lot of people actually prefer to handle something before listening. I thought that SOTA DIY CD player would be of interest to them, but obviously, it isn't.

Sorry, but I could be of no help for latency issue, because it was never of any concern to me. I guess that going with ASIO driver built for the device is the best approach. I use RME ASIO for my RME card. Somewhere I have a mental not that ASIO4ALL is not a good solution.

Btw. teeny weeny Pioneer drive I bought is awesome, almost silent. I'll buy a couple of spares, because it could go out of production next year and be replaced with some garbage, like Sony did with theirs (70 was excellent, current 90 is plastic crap).

Volter

Topic author
PrekoBare
srebrni korisnik
srebrni korisnik

Post by PrekoBare » 04 Jan 2012, 16:58

Gerner wrote:It was discussed quite a lot those days, bit perfect streaming to NOS DAC vs. upsampling to OS DAC.
What now to the bit perfect issue? Does anyone dare to elaborate?
On my travels through the audiophile wasteland I gathered many basic questions without firm answer.

Taken individually, they are amusing, taken as a lot, they are very serious.

For example, does our auditory input work as a spectrometer or as wavefront detector?

IMHO, this is crucial question of HI-Fi that is never adressed.

To what extent CPU between indiividual's ears is responsible for what he hears? ("A u ruke Mandusica Vuka svaka puska bice ubojita"). Is the relationship comparable to matching good lens with a sensitive film (creation of an image before it reaches darkroom) or matching a good lens with Photoshop? (creation of an image in post production). How come that some people with seriously damaged hearing can enjoy music, while others with perfect hearing can not? It seems to me that psychoacoustics is much more complex than usually thought.

Volter

ZoranBGD
povremeni korisnik
povremeni korisnik

Post by ZoranBGD » 05 Jan 2012, 10:39

Hi All,
I have seen this topic yesterday and decided to try PrekoBare’s solution immediately.

I had to put some restrictions, since my configuration was really “poor man’s CD player”.

So, I took Lenovo T60 laptop and used it’s USB port, and also tried with coaxial digital output located on T60’s docking station. I don’t have any service info how this S/PDIF was made: is it using S/PDIF directly from T60 cheap sound card, or does it have it’s own dedicated electronics in docking station in order to get coaxial digital output.

Anyway, Media Center 17 didn’t work, or, shall I say, didn’t want to properly open DSP and audio playback windows. Also, pressing play button got no result. Application upgrade didn’t help either. So I removed it and installed ver. 16, which started to work right from the start.
Lenovo T60’s hardware seems to be the limiting factor, because I couldn’t get any 24/96/192 support from the hardware, and I had to use “No resampling” option. Audio playback configuration was WASAPI and playback buffer was set to maximum available – 20 secs.
The USB cable was the cheapest one and the coaxial was short (not properly 75 ohm terminated) Oehlbach NF214 that I had at hand. The other side was made of 1000 EUR class DAC (sorry, can’t tell it’s name right now) and Lyngdorf CD-1 in non resampling mode, used as a transport connected to DAC through identical coaxial cable.

The sound was much of surprising: very detailed and musical, with rich bass and very good soundstage. I didn’t expect it to be such good. At the first moment, it looked almost the same as through Lyngdorf CD-1, but after Lyngdorf worked for an half an hour (it wasn’t in stand by mode where it’s output stage is still working, but disconnected from the mains) things started to change.

I discovered that music through MC16/coaxial/USB is the same, but also that direct HW communication gives much better details and dynamics to the sound when I compare it to the Wave setting, for example. The sound is like from a good CD player, not high end, but pretty good. The differences between Lyngdorf and MC16/coax were in middle and upper frequencies: some kind of compression and unnaturalness was obvious, the human voices were higher then expected, although it was at acceptable level. Bass also had some small amout of smear and softness, in contrast to Lyngdorf, where it was perfectly controlled. But overall details were very good and I guess that using better cabling or hardware, for a small sum of money could get things even better.

I hope this helps.
Last edited by ZoranBGD on 05 Jan 2012, 10:49, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
PrekoBare
srebrni korisnik
srebrni korisnik

Post by PrekoBare » 06 Jan 2012, 23:27

ZoranBGD wrote: The sound was much of surprising: very detailed and musical, with rich bass and very good soundstage. I didn’t expect it to be such good. At the first moment, it looked almost the same as through Lyngdorf CD-1, but after Lyngdorf worked for an half an hour (it wasn’t in stand by mode where it’s output stage is still working, but disconnected from the mains) things started to change.I hope this helps.
Zorane, hope you got hooked on idea. JR16, no upsampling and 20s buffering give only the preview of comming
attractions. JR17 buffers approx 5 songs.

Perhaps you could try with Foobar2000.

Here is for example what $5000 Meridian G08.2 offers:

Upsampling allows the Meridian G08.2 to deliver the best from the Compact Disc medium, which is capable of exceptional results. Upsampling enables filtering to take place far beyond the range of human hearing, as well as offering other audible benefits right across the audio band, for ultimate transparency from a CD source.

Meridian’s research team designed an exquisite new filter based on their original research – a filter with ‘apodizing-like’ qualities. It first appeared in the 808.2 and is now included in the G08.2. This filter system removes “ringing” and pre-echoes for superb clarity and imaging, and is so effective that it can even correct errors made in the recording or mastering stage. CDs played back on the G08.2 can sound even better than they did in the studio!

Powerful on-board DSP up-samples the data to 24 bits, and to a sample rate of 176.4 kHz for digital to analogue conversion to drive the analogue outputs, and 88.2 kHz for the digital outputs. The G08 also employs triple buffering to minimise jitter, and therefore maximise HF transparency and stereo image precision and stability.

If upsampling and buffering is good for $5000, for $500 or less it's even better :o:o

Volter

Sir Oliver
srebrni korisnik
srebrni korisnik

Post by Sir Oliver » 07 Jan 2012, 01:19

Koja su podešavanja za Foobar?